Perfectly Smokey Eyes!
This is the number one most requested look of my sixteen years as a make-up artist. Women of all ages desire this never dated, sultry, mysterious visage, yet so few have the confidence in applying it!
With the right tools, it can be done.:
* Find a deep, soft black pencil eyeliner (Sue Devitt eye intensifier, MAC eye kohl).
*A short soft bristled smudge brush (Bobbi Brown eye smudge brush, Stila #15).
* A quality, complimentary eyeshadow to the eye color (Shu Uemura, MAC, Stila).
* A neutral highlight shadow for the brow arch (Bobbi Brown, MAC, Stila, Shu Uemura).
* A soft blending brush (MAC 222 tapered blending brush, Stila #9).
* A needle toothed lash comb (Chanel).
* A deep black, quality, waterproof mascara (Shu Uemura, Serge Lutens, Loreal Double Extend).
Begin by lacing the inner lining of the eye with the the soft, dark, black liner. All the way around the eye (as long as you're not allergic, you won't clog any pores or get an eye infection if you keep your pencil sterile and sharpened to a soft point). Sweep the complimentary shadow across the main lid (warm bronzes for blue eyes, cool mauve for brown eyes). With the same black liner softly line into and slightly above the lash line, upper and lower lashes (for more a "cat" like shape thicken the liner at the outer edges and always sweep up and out towards temples). Blend shadow into the lash line. Wash the highlighter or neutral tone shade across the brow bone and into the shadow with the blending brush. Blend until there are NO lines and NO edges. Finish with plenty of mascara and separate the lashes with a needle-toothed comb. A "magic-touch" of concealer below the eye to smooth, clean, and perfect this look whether for a sexy night on the town, or just a rousing trip to the grocery store! NO RULES BABY! Enjoy!